Friday 6 September 2013

Cashew, Sultana & Chocolate Muffins

This recipe has been adapted from a new healthy food blog I have recently discovered, Daily Bites. This is the first recipe I have tried from this blog and I was very pleased with the results. It makes me happy when new recipes turn out well first time around. 

The original recipe says that the chocolate is optional, but for me chocolate is not an option its a requirement. Easy to make, moist and tasty muffins, yay! 

The feedback I got for these muffins, was that they don't taste healthy, praise indeed. Generally as muffins go, you can't get that much healthier, surely? 

Makes 6 muffins. 

The Ingredient
1/4 cup cashew butter (I used Meridian, you can also use almond butter)
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil (melted) 
1/4 cup honey
1 large egg
3 tablespoons coconut flour (I used Tiana Fair Trade Organic Coconut Baking Flour)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup Sultanas
1/4 cup chocolate roughly chopped (I used 70% dark Green and Blacks, or any other good quality chocolate)

The method
Preheat the oven to 180ÂșC. 

Line the muffin tray with 6 muffin cases.

With an electric mixer, beat together the cashew butter, coconut oil, and honey until smooth. 

Add the egg and beat until smooth. 

In a bowl, mix together the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. 

Add the dry ingredients to the nut butter mixture and beat to combine. 

Stir in the raisins and chocolate.

Divide the mix even among the lined muffin cups. 

Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown and a knife inserted, comes out clean. 

Cool completely before storing or serving. 

The original recipe says you can store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or refrigerate or freeze for longer storage. This is good advice, but these days I like to make just the amount I need for that day and then eat them as fresh as possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment